Digital tools are programs, websites or online resources which can make tasks easier to end. A lot of these are often accessed in web browsers without having to be downloaded, and you will access them both at reception and in work. Digital tools have transformed nearly every aspect of recent life. Travel, work, shopping, entertainment, and communications are just a couple of the areas that are revolutionized in recent decades. It's now rare to hunt out an electronics device or piece of machinery that doesn't incorporate digital technology in how. Huge amounts of knowledge are often stored locally or remotely and moved around virtually instantaneously. Even the term "information" has expanded to include media like photos, audio, and video, and not refers to only words and numbers
• Tools are often more compact, faster, lighter, and more versatile
• Tools characterized by electronic and particularly computerized technologies.
• Digital or computerized tools that leave meaning-making with digital literacies like cell phones, tablets, laptop computers, e-readers, etc
Digital tools have important advantages for creating processes more consistent, secure, efficient, and effective. As institutions support staff and students across a broader range of geographies with a broader set of needs, the case for digital solutions only grows.
• Social Connectivity-Digital tools make it easy to stay in-tuned with friends, family, and work remotely, albeit you're in another neighborhood of the earth. you'll communicate by words, video, audio, and exchange other media. Websites, apps, and software have all been created to help users to socialize. Social media, messaging, texting, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones, mean that no-one needs to feel isolated within the digital world. Users are often regularly updated with news on local events and social happenings.
• Communication Speeds- Internet speeds have increased exponentially since the primary days of dial-up. Ever faster broadband enables the transfer of giant amounts of knowledge across the web almost instantaneously, making it possible to stream video and audio in real time, send large data files, and access data from virtually anywhere within the planet. Traditional media communication can deem for much longer.
• Information Storage-Digital tools enable the storage of massive amounts of knowledge in relatively small spaces. Large amounts of media, like photos, music, videos, contact information, and other documents are often carried around on small devices like mobile phones, also as physical locations; data can also be stored online, enabling it to be accessed from any device which has internet access.
• Versatile Working-The nature of labor has been transformed by digital tools. Increased connectivity options mean that tons of individuals now have far more opportunities for working from home, as remote working becomes increasingly common. Many roles can now be done from hundreds, or even thousands of miles away easily. Without the need for all workers to be present within an equivalent building, many other flexible working practices are now possible.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 on DigiTech
COVID-19 pandemic has forced millions of people to work from home, making them ever more dependent on DigiTech that has enabled them to handle both personal and professional tasks from their smartphones, laptops, and personal computers. As per researchers content employees are working in digital workplaces are not only more productive but also motivated, job satisfaction, and have the right tools like word processing documents, slide presentation ,cell phone apps to communicate and collaborate with work, while 70% reported their work-life balance is to be good. Some of the online learning platforms are offering free access to their services, including platforms like BYJU’s and free online tutorial. It has changed the way of teaching to students in a more efficient and effective way through Google Meet, Skype, Hangout, and Google Classroom and Zoom as students can go through the recording of sessions again. For health care in pandemic management the government has coordinated containment and mitigation processes using digital technology as tools which include surveillance, testing, contact tracing, medical supplies and screening for infection. Some of the countries have adopted and integrated these technologies. Nowadays DigiTech is basically keeping shopping malls safe, by adopting different digital tools to scan the QR code and making payment using digital channels to ensure safety of their staff and customers. The other industries created through DigiTech experiences there are transformed and offered, a digitized content is distributed through the Internet, it benefited from the crisis some are media, communication, telecommunications, e-commerce, and information technology.
Digital tools have played a positive role in enhancing the productivity of employees and it can lead to greater revenue generation. Sometimes in excess of use of tools might hinder the workflow and productivity like using social media for entertainment instead of promoting the business. Technology allows for greater communication, resource sharing, and improved practice so that the vision is owned by all and dedicated to help every individual in the system to improve learning so that they can acquire the path to be expertise.